We provide your camping and outdoor needs at consistently low prices,
without compromising quality.
At Outbax, our team of 30+ staff are passionate about offering quality products at a low price.
Customer service is the core of our business. We have 12 full-time customer service champions to answer all of your queries and you’ll never be caught unaware with our 60-day money back guarantee.
Selling fast. Hurry and order now to save 41%
- 12V/24V LCD display
- Built-in industrial micro controller
- Fully 4-stage Charge management
- LCD display Solar Controller Charge with 2 USB port
- Suitable for lead acid batteries OPEN, AGM, GEL & Lithium LiFePO4
This Maxray 10A 12V/24V Solar Panel Battery Regulator Charge Controller with USB is all you need to keep your power going on the road.
In addition to a built-in LCD display, this regulator comes with:
- Built-in industrial micro controller
- Fully 4-stage charge management
- Solar Controller Charge with USB X 2
- Dual mosfet reverse current protection and low heat production
This regulator is suitable for charging lead acid and lithium/LiFePO4 batteries.
What is a solar panel regulator and what does it do?
A solar charge controller manages the power going into the battery bank from the solar array. It ensures that the deep cycle batteries are not overcharged during the day, and that the power doesn’t run backwards to the solar panels overnight and drain the batteries. Some charge controllers are available with additional capabilities, like lighting and load control, but managing the power is its primary job.
A solar charge controller is available in two different technologies, PWM and MPPT. How they perform in a system is very different from each other. An MPPT charge controller is more expensive than a PWM charge controller, and it is often worth it to pay the extra money.
PWM SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER
A PWM solar charge controller stands for “Pulse Width Modulation”. These operate by making a connection directly from the solar array to the battery bank. During bulk charging, when there is a continuous connection from the array to the battery bank, the array output voltage is ‘pulled down’ to the battery voltage. As the battery charges, the voltage of the battery rises, so the voltage output of the solar panel rises as well, using more of the solar power as it charges.
As a result, you need to make sure you match the nominal voltage of the solar array with the voltage of the battery bank. *Note that when we refer to a 12V solar panel, that means a panel that is designed to work with a 12V battery. The actual voltage of a 12V solar panel, when connected to a load, is close to 18 Vmp (Volts at maximum power). This is because a higher voltage source is required to charge a battery. If the battery and solar panel both started at the same voltage, the battery would not charge.
A 12V solar panel can charge a 12V battery. A 24V solar panel or solar array (two 12V panels wired in series) is needed for a 24V battery bank, and 48V array is needed for 48V bank. If you try to charge a 12V battery with a 24V solar panel, you will be throwing over half of the panel’s power away. If you try to charge a 24V battery bank with a 12V solar panel, you will be throwing away 100% of the panel’s potential, and may actually drain the battery as well.
|Rated Voltage:||12V 24V auto|
|Temperature Range:||-35°C to 60°C|
|Application:||Solar System Controller|
|Max PV Voltage:||＜50V|
|Max PV Input Power:||130W (12V) 260W (24V)|
|Over Charge Current(V):||14.4V|
|Over Discharge Current(V):||10.7V|
|Empty Load Wastage:||10mA-20mA|
|Loop Voltage Drop:||150mΩ|
|Full Voltage Cut-Off:||14.4V|
|Low Voltage Cut-Off:||10.7V|
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
|1 x||10A MaxRay Solar Controller|
- Your item will be shipped next business day.
- On average, items are delivered between 3 to 7 business days following shipping around Australia.
- Check out our shipping and delivery calculator above for more information.
- Outbax offers a 12-month warranty on all products from the date of purchase unless otherwise stated. Outbax warrants its products against defects in materials and/or workmanship. This is further to your rights under Australian Consumer Law.
- Outbax products come with a 60-day money-back guarantee. You must contact us within 60 days of receiving the product and it must return in its original condition.