When it comes to the flu and other respiratory diseases, prevention is the best method to keep you and your family safe from infection. From disposable face masks that protect you from virus strains to particulate respirator masks, we got you covered here at Outbax.
Our disposable face mask is made with high quality bacterial filtration material and prevents droplets of fluids that may contain germs and viruses from escaping the mouth and nose. Our masks also provide protection against sprays or splashes caused by coughs and sneezes from other people.
For extra protection against airborne particles, our N95 masks filter 95 percent of airborne small and large particles and are highly recommended when working or handling potentially toxic substances. Our 3M respirator mask has a filter material that covers the entire body of the mask, so no contaminated air can get through. Overall, respirator masks or N95 masks are considered more effective at protecting against flu virus and other germs.
How to wear face masks properly
Although face masks help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as the flu, they can only do so if they are worn frequently and correctly. Here are a number of tips on how to wear your face mask properly:
- Do not forget to wear a face mask when you are going outdoors, or if you must come within six feet of a sick person.
- Make sure that your mask is firmly positioned to cover your chin, mouth and nose. Avoid touching the mask as much as possible until you take it off.
- ALWAYS wear a face mask before interacting with other people if you have flu-like symptoms.
- If you are sure you have the flu and must consult with a physician, wear a face mask to protect other people around you.
- Always wear a face mask if you live, work or within a crowded area, especially if you are at high risk for respiratory complications.
- Keep in mind that respirator/N95 and surgical masks are DISPOSABLE. When you are done wearing one, throw it away properly and wash your hands thoroughly. NEVER REUSE disposable masks.
- If you are wearing cloth masks, make sure that you wash and disinfect each one after use.
How to choose a disposable mask
Any mask you choose should be one that is well constructed. It should be efficient at blocking particles from escaping your mask while also offering you some degree of protection from the droplets of others.
Fabric masks and disposable masks are constructed differently, but the overall qualities to look for remain the same when choosing either one. As with cloth masks, the more layers, the better. When it comes to the actual build of the mask, there is an easy way to determine how many layers are inside of a disposable mask.
How long can I wear a disposable mask?
If you are using a mask sporadically, you might be able to extend the length of use. Of course, it depends on how long you wore the mask for that day, if you were performing any strenuous activities while wearing it and if the mask was exposed to moisture.
What is the difference between disposable and medical masks?
A lot of terms regarding masks are floating around, but deciphering what they mean can be tricky. Paying attention to the labeling of the masks you are looking to purchase is key in figuring out how exactly the mask is intended to be used. Regardless of which mask you are using, the most important factor is wearing it correctly, meaning it fits snugly and fully around your nose and mouth.
All of our Masks are made from quality materials that are guaranteed to be safe, comfortable and will last for a long time.
If you have never tried ordering Masks online before, feel free to call us at 02 888 10 333 and ask questions about our products. We will be happy to assist you.